Thursday 11 July 2013

Another planet

Evening,

Late one tonight, I have been watching two programmes that really took all my attention. The first was the Great British Budget Menu highlighting the issue of food poverty. I was so shocked to see a pensioner rationing a packet of soup - half for his lunch and the other half for his dinner. Another was a mother who sacrificed her food so her daughter to eat more leaving herself just a cup of tea for her breakfast and lunch. I felt so ashamed of myself watching it, knowing what I complain about, when thousands of families in the UK are suffering food poverty like this. Some things you really need in-your-face to appreciate reality. The second was India: A Dangerous Place To Be A Woman, another really shocking, we-know-it-goes-on-but..., heavy viewing. Sometimes it is very difficult to fathom why the world is the way it is.

It is a challenge to strike a balance between wanting to be aware of what goes on in the world but at the same time not distressing yourself too much. My cheer-me-up viewing is now The Zoo. Marvellous. Overly amorous armadillos requiring contraceptive implants. Who knew?! Oh my goodness, just seen the new Ikea advert in the break, hilarious!

Anyway, thank you for all the lovely responses about my post yesterday. I'm glad to have got it off my chest actually! Busy day today, and have finished another card which made my youngest smile and say "that's Matthew going 5,4,2,1 blast off!" Cute.



The stamped image is LOTV 'Astronaut' and Craftwork Cards sentiment and Candi.

I would like to enter this card into the Passion for Promarkers Blog Challenge - 'colours of your flag' and I am using Union Jack colours. Also the Lisa.B.Designs Blog Challenge which has the theme of 'blue, red and white'! It was an enjoyable challenge to complete, just using colours I wouldn't normally put together and I think my card would give any four year old (ok most probably a boy) a smile on their birthday - my sons are the official Card Therapy focus group!

My husband is sighing loudly now, so better go...

love Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments or views if you stop by!