Friday 5 July 2013

Crunchie Day!

Happy Friday!

Finally the temperatures are rising and the grey clouds have disappeared to make way for a sunny weekend! I for one, am glad this week is almost over, it's been a tough one. My back pain reached a whole new level and I really struggled to bear it. However, repairs are underway at the chiropractors and also at home as I have leant on my husband heavily this week, metaphorically and physically/emotionally. The boys have been pretty good this week too and very loving with their mummy - cuddling up to me every time I lay on the floor in pain. So relaxing weekend due for all!

I had already made headway with my baby card as I mentioned in my 'Quickie' post and in-between muscle spasms this week I have managed to finish it! What do you think?


I really love the colours, more adventurous for me, but I think it's bright and happy. The main image is of course, Lili of the Valley 'Little Ducky', which I have coloured with Promarkers and then after several disastrous attempts at the sky, embossed it with Wow! embossing powders pastel blue and opaque bright white. The papers are from a beautiful pad 'Little Boy Blue' by Crate Paper that I bought from Handy Hippo. The little ducks are so cute aren't they?! The ribbon is from a selection box that I won from Fantastic Ribbons a little while ago, I love the two-tone nature of this ribbon, it's perfect for this card. (Available as a single reel 6mm orizzonte-orange). The little blue flowers in the corners were wooden blanks that I have again embossed in pastel blue. The orange flowers are created from Tonic Studios punches. The sentiment is again one of my favourites - Lili of the Valley.



I love this card, will be trying a female version very soon.

Finally check out new charity Mindfull, launched today, it is a mental health service for 11-17 year olds offering online support, information and advice and live chats with mentors, counsellors and health professionals. Help at the stroke of a keyboard - fantastic. They are also recommending mental health education in schools, to encourage openness, prevention and early interventions.

That's it from me today, would love to hear your comments if you stop by!
Enjoy the sunshine,
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments or views if you stop by!