Tuesday 11 June 2013

If I turn my back for a second

Hi all,

Not a moment to blog this morning as my little wrecking ball Matthew is running amok around me and if I turn my back I usually find him launching himself off the highest point he can climb upon. I just hear "5,2,1 BLAST OFF" and a heart-in-mouth thud... then he does it again with a big grin. Adrenaline junkie in the making we think.

However he is at my feet with his big brother's transformer (whilst the cat's away...) so am grabbing a moment to type like mad. Thought I would show you a wedding card I made a few weeks ago for my very elegant cousin Adele who married David in Glasgow.



I really got a lot of pleasure from creating this card. The stamped image is a really cute £1 Hobbycraft stamp, WOW powder embossed - one of my favourite crafting pastimes, just love seeing the image come to life.

AAAARGH aforementioned child has just managed to climb up to the cupboard, get the hundreds and thousands out, give it a vigorous shake and yes - you've guessed it. Brief hoovering interlude needed.

Naptime respite ('There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep' - Ralph Waldo Emerson).

I have used Centura pearl card. Papermania for the purple with Arlington vellum. Spellbinders Grand Large Labels and another favourite of mine - a bit of quilling, simple cream ribbon bow and there you have it. I do favour non-fussy designs but I am intrigued with alternative design styles as I have a lot to learn and am sure my style will develop over time.

Let me know what you think!

Have a great afternoon,

Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em, it's a really lovely card so thank you again- it's still up on our bookshelf! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments or views if you stop by!