Thursday 20 June 2013

Quill to Thrill!

Hi

The postman brought me some new Spellbinders goodies from Samuel Taylors this morning, which I can't wait to try out - watch this space. I really must make time for a trip down to their Leeds branch, but then on second thoughts, I'm pretty sure the bank balance couldn't cope with being face to face with all those craft goodies. That reminds me, need to get a new lottery ticket! Can always dream... my own craft room... huge desk... all the Spellbinders and Martha Stewart products you could ever wish for... patterned papers stacked to the ceiling... sea view... would need the ability to stop time too, hmmm perhaps getting a little carried away.

Actually I'm quite happy with my craft corner in our south-facing kitchen. I have a lovely white desk, although it's a bit tricky to spot the surface sometimes, and even got the drill out to put a couple of shelves up a few months ago, which haven't landed on my head yet so can't be too bad. The kids are fully briefed that it is absolutely-out-of-bounds-mummy's-desk-don't-even-think-about-it, and the Promarkers well hidden so no crafty surprises/nightmares yet. I can catch 5 minutes here and there when the kids are playing nice, - make that 2 minutes - to die cut some shapes or to stamp something to leave to dry until later, so it's handy that my craft space is downstairs at the moment. I love checking out other people's craft spaces on Pinterest from the super-organised, and brilliant ideas, to the very practical or moremoneythansense!

Quilling is fantastically therapeutic as a craft, although a little fiddly, and is relatively inexpensive to produce something visually appealing. So thought I would show you one of my very early creations that I made for a graduation card:


Ignore the lips, slip of the hand I think! I based the idea on one of Diane Crane's quilled people in Quilled Greetings Cards. Daffodils are very simple to do:


Look lovely though don't they? They would be good on a canvas to brighten a wall too.

There is a brilliant quilled boiled egg and cup of coffee in this month's Crafts Beautiful (August) worth a look, very quirky!

Till my next blog,

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments or views if you stop by!