Thursday 13 June 2013

Year of the Butterfly

Hello!

By my reckoning, since having children I have lost 6 months worth of sleep. 6 MONTHS! That's working on about 4 hours less a night - admittedly I was a bit of a hypersomniac (just looked it up, never heard of it before either) and absolutely loved my bed. Functioning with sleep deprivation is like being fired out of a cannon through a brick wall and having to do a triathlon immediately after. Yesterday was one of those days and by mid-morning I had to accept things just weren't going to go as planned due to nocturnal disturbances from the little people in our house. Despite my best attempts, I wasn't happy with anything I created.

However today following a lovely 7 hour sleep I've felt back on form, and continuing with yesterday's half-creations, managed to come up with a card I feel happy with. Butterflies are everywhere now aren't they? Not just the real Buddleia-loving, long-legged beauties but their colourful images feature on clothes, jewellery, stationery and even made an appearance on Eurovision this year! I could probably set up an Ebay shop with my butterfly-related craft stash but do enjoy making use of it so here is my latest effort:



It's made up of a washi tape border, Papermania red shimmer card, and pearlescent white card embossed with 'Intrinsic' by Couture Creations. I can't remember which make of die the butterflies are I'm afraid (not Spellbinders), but there are many lovely ones out there. I have used more Papermania shimmer card and silver mirri card. A Spellbinders blossom die with a LOTV sentiment embossed with WOW Pomegranate powder finishes my card. I also made a matching tag with a Go Kreate die and Tonic Studios punch.

Let me know what you think! Go on... be my first post(er) - my Lancashire prince doesn't count!

Gotta go supervise [husband's management of] the kid's bathtime/bedtime routine, I need that beauty sleep!

Get crafting!
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments or views if you stop by!